DON’T THINK YOU’RE ANYONE SPECIAL!!!
March 21, 2010. 1:01AM. Sunday. I was just about to sleep when I remember almost 3 years ago that a foreigner friend talked to me about this certain sets of laws in their land embedded deep in their culture. I got curious because just a few days ago, I had to write an article almost depicting the same line of thinking. So I thought I would read more about it.
I do not want to speak about the book nor the author but I just want to list down 10 of the said rules. Perhaps this would stand as a lesson that we all have to accept the fact that we’re all created equally talented and special regardless of your color, race, religion or beliefs. Besides, we are in the age of globalization now!
The ten rules are:
01. Don’t think that you are special.
02. Don’t think that you are of the same standing as us.
03. Don’t think that you are smarter than us.
04. Don’t fancy yourself as being better than us.
05. Don’t think that you know more than us.
06. Don’t think that you are more important than us.
07. Don’t think that you are good at anything.
08. Don’t laugh at us.
09. Don’t think that any one of us cares about you.
10. Don’t think that you can teach us anything.
Actually, there is an 11th rule that is more of a threat which states that:
11. Don’t you think we know something about you?
I hope that after reading such rules, you will get to realize all that no such thinking should exist in this age where we all should be civilized and educated enough to respect other people’s capabilities and skills. Discrimination of any form is something that is unacceptable because it violates the very essence of respect and society.
Just my two cents.